Is this part of my tenancy agreement lawful?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Is this part of my tenancy agreement lawful?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JKG
7 Posts
0 Thanks
This section is part of the AST tenancy agreement *signed by the tenant*:

"Provided that if the Rent or any installment or part thereof shall be in arrears for 10 days after the same shall have become due (whether formally demanded or become bankrupt or if the Property shall be left vacant or unoccupied then and in any such case it shall be lawful for the Landlord at any time thereafter to re-enter upon and take possession of the Property and of the Furniture and Effects and immediately thereupon the tenancy hereby created shall be determined but without prejudice to any right to action which the Landlord may have to recover all such Rent in arrears and damages in respect of any breach of this agreement"

a) Is this a legal clause?
b) As my tenant is two months in arrears given this can I re-enter the Property legally?
c) What is a reasonable definition of the length of term of 'vacant or unoccupied'?
d) I have not heard from the tenant for over six days and that was only by text.

I am confused as I though the only way to get possession is via a court order?

11/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband