bedsits ANYONE or EVERYONE?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents bedsits ANYONE or EVERYONE?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
not done yet
27 Posts
0 Thanks
Can anyone help resolve this problem. I used the flow chart o HMO's and question 6 caused me some difficulty. I have tried to clear it up with the RLA helpdesk but am being treated as though I illiterate.

The sequene of correspondences between me and RLA is as follows.

ME:
can you tell me if I am understanding question 6 of the flow chart for bedsits correctly.
Question asks "Can you confirm that there is no one residing at the property who does not fall into at least one of the following Categories:-

Does this mean "can you confirm that everyone residing at the property falls into at least one of the following Categories:-
The double negative is causing me some confusion. Thanks

RLA:
The question simply asks if anyone is in one of the categories.
If so take the next step asked in flowchart
Dave A

ME:
I am still confused. Is it anyone or everyone?

RLA:
You will have to phone the helpdesk on Friday or Monday as there is nothing more I can add
Dave A

ME:
is it anyone or everyone.
this is not a difficult question

RLA:
NO-ONE means to most people NOT 1 PERSON.
or ZERO people.
Anyone means at least 1 person
Everyone means more than one person
Dave A

Now I know I'm not that bright but I thought that everyone meant all of 'em, the lot, every single one. According to Dave at RLA it means more than one. That would be all of 'em if there were only 2 but in my bedsits there are 4 so does he mean EVERYONE or 2 OF EM.

PS I have only written this because of Dave's increasingly sarcastic and dare I say inaccurate and misleading "help"

Genuine help appreciated but condescending and confusing or sarcastic answers also accepted. Thanks

20/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband