Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been having a look at the The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) England and Wales Regulations 2007 which come into effect in October 2008...(I know I'm very sad!!) As you may know landlords will be required to provide EPC's when they give information about a property to let or show a property to a prospective tenant. These EPCs will cost, it is though, about 100 and have to be given free. An EPC is valid for 10 years. My question is does this presumably mean Landlords only have to get their EPC once every 10 years and can then use the same certificate each time they put the property up for rent? Obviously this would be a lot less onerous than having to get a new certificate for every re-letting. The regulations don't seem to clear on this point.
21/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband