HMO concerns

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents HMO concerns
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Ceilidh
9 Posts
0 Thanks
HMO

The property is a three storey Late Victorian terrace. I am the freeholder. Each floor is a self contained one bedroom flat. The upper two floors are accessed by a small common entrance lobby. The top floor occupied on a 99 year lease and I therefore have no control of the occupancy of that floor as long as the terms of the original lease are not breached in a way that comes to my notice. The present leaseholder is a single female.

The lower two floors are rented by me on Short Hold Tenancies. The middle floor tenancy agreement is with a single male and the bottom floor agreement is currently with two females who are vacating the property on 4th October.

I made contact with the London Borough of Greenwich at the beginning of this year regarding the possible HMO status of this building and was advised that they currently had little interest is applying legislation requiring licence to the property as described above.

How can I best protect myself against change of policy by LBG in the future? It seems unfair that the top floor, which is not under my control or of financial benefit to me, determines that the property is classed as an HMO.

26/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband