burst

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents burst
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
okanagan
169 Posts
2 Thanks
One of my properties had a major burst from a bathroom pipe (I had a new suite fitted 18mnth ago and one of the joints blew off!. resulting in waterfalls throughout the house all the way to the cellar, the tenant did not think to turn off the stop tap (I always show them where it is on new tenancy). I was called and turned the tap off some 15 mins later but the damage was done. Lounge ceiling wallpaper all down, part of the ceiling plaster fell down, carpets flooded, lighting blown etc etc. I supplied towels, dehumidifiers and lots of drinking water until the pipe was repaired the following morning. I am waiting for it all to thoroughly dry before re plastering and papering etc. My question: The tenants are my best ones, a lovely family, they pay 475pcm rent,how much should I give them as goodwill for their inconvenience, considering the damage would have been minimal had they turned off the stop tap immediately.
29/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband