The implications of letting long term

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents The implications of letting long term
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jane Lo
331 Posts
73 Thanks
I am in the lucky position of having a tenant who has rented a house from me for the past 3.5 years and shows no signs of moving on. The tenant lived in the house before I bought it and signed an assured shorthold tenancy agreement with me once I became the owner. This was for 4 months but the tenant chose to stay and we have not signed another agreement just let the existing one roll on.

Are there implications in long term lets? Does it give the tenants rights they would not have otherwise? The agreement doesn't mention rent increases - I have increased the rent once by writing a letter to the tenant and he accepted this.

Can you advise of the implications please. I'm particularly interested in any tenant rights to stay should I wish them to leave and the implication for any rent increases should the tenant challenge any future rent increases.

Many thanks for your help

01/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband