This Is Supposed To Be an Investment !

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents This Is Supposed To Be an Investment !
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Les_536
17 Posts
0 Thanks
Can anyone let me know the next step ,please?

I have a tenant that was private and about a year ago she had another baby and went on benifits.She gets paid every four weeks with a cheque from housing. She is taking another two weeks to pay me the rent money as she has to top it up,to the full rent.She is now one payment behind ( four weeks) from the council payments they pay behind anyway and she is disputing that she has not paid it.
I have all of the reciepts from when she went onto benifits and I took these to the CAB. They said I should have gone with her and we could have sorted something out and why was the coucil not helping her ?
I did get on well with the tenant and I have offered her to pay an additional 10.00 per week to catch up the shortfall, she still denies that she owes it.
Should I ask the council to rehome her ? Will they do it and say she is an emergency case and will get shoved up the housing list ? Apparentley they have a bidding system where you bid for a council house, but she says she is not classed as an emergency.
Will I have to start issueing notices?(dont know what they are?)
Hope you can help?

06/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions