Deposit

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
bobkaz
5 Posts
0 Thanks
After a dispute with a very poor letting agent, they returned a deposit to me I simply put this in a building soceity and then moved it the DPS, as i was letting out a new property. Both are in the DPS.

A tenent is moving out after I have evicted them under Section 21 etc and they want to know the DPS reference which I have provided. There will be a dispute about the deposit as they have wrecked my lawn, the house needs cleaning and some redoration is neede.

There has been an exchange of letters and in one they (down loaded from the DPS website ) quoted about the penalties that a landlord could suffer etc etc . The letters conatin complaints about the property that have never been brought to my attention until they habd received the Section 21 notice. The letters also are abusive in places!

They owe rent and have stated in a letter to take this from the deposit. Also they have stated in letter number 2 that they will pay 50% of the cost of replacing the lawn.

To get rid of them I am prepared to accept 50% of the cost of replacing the lawn, the unpaid rent and 100 to clean the property out the 615 deposit

My partner is concerened that they will make a complaint to the DPS and I will be fined

08/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband