Leaking Cellar &No Co-operation from neighbour

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Leaking Cellar &No Co-operation from neighbour
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Marsh
73 Posts
2 Thanks
Hello,

I have a property which has a leak in the cellar. My property is extended to the rear and so runs parallel to my neighbours back garden. My trusty builder says to rectify the problem properly I would need to dig up the neighbours garden along side my extention to the rear, all the way to the foundations (approximately 6' deep &8'long &3' wide) and to build a wall which would provide the original property with a cavity.

The property next door is also a HMO and so the garden is uncared for already. The work carried out would be made good and I have offered the landlord next door 500 for the inconvenience through his tennants.

I have recieved no reply from any sources whom I have tried to contact him on.

Please can somebody help me with the correct procedure of how to obtain legal rights to repair my property if possible at all and the time scale involved too.

Many thanks in advance
Marsh.

16/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband