shared house - 5 signed & 3 are dropping out

You are here : Member Forums Access shared house - 5 signed & 3 are dropping out
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jamie
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello and thanks if anyone can help with this and has any advice ...

I have a five bedroom student HMO house which is let to five I have recently re-let to a new group - all of which have signed the AST - one of the prospective tenants didn't respond to calls when the 14 day period we allow on the RLA holding fee form had elapsed - his references weren't very good either. A second didn't provide a guarantor and is no longer wishing to live at the house having dropped out of university. Yesterday a third tenant contacted me - also wishing to drop out

At the moment I have 4 holding fee deposits ( 4/5 of total on the AST deposit) 3 guarantors complete and and five signatures on the AST.

What would be the best way to deal with this and am I within my legal rights to retain the deposits until the tenants are replaced and hold them to the agreement until such time.

09/03/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions