Agency

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Agency
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jez
17 Posts
0 Thanks
I have instructed my letting agent that I no longer wish them to manage my property, and that I am ending the agreement with them within one month. The same tenants are staying in the property.
The agent has written back to me advising that notice will need to be served on the tenants to bring the tenancy to an end. I thought that the tenancy would be between myself and the tenants and therefore it would just carry on? Can you please clarify for agents working on the landlords behalf?
They have also advised me that they are entitled to carry on receiving commmission from me as in the contract between us it states:
"Where a tenant enteres into an extension of the original tenancy (whether negotiated by us or not) or a new tenancy, commission is payable at the rate detailed overleaf or as per our reletting correspondence on the total rent payable during such extension or new tenancy."
If I am ending the contract between us then does this make this term of the contract null and void?
06/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband