References and arrears

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents References and arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teah
25 Posts
0 Thanks
Have I the right to demand to read my tenants reference which was done by my Letting agent and paid for by me in the first months rent. They received their payment quite quickly. I feel that someone has falsified information, the tenant did not even have the first months rent. This obviously was loaned to them, (letting agent were able to deduct their money) which then had to be taken back by the council. Not a very good start, because since then I have had problem receiving rent. The rent is now going to be paid direct into my account. The contract is for one year. However, I am owned 1600, which they said that they will only afford 50 a month. What a joke. I should get my money in 5 years time. I feel that someone in the council or letting agent dumped this family on to me. I now have 2 big mortgages to pay, where is the justice in that?? As landlords and landladies we need to demand direct payment if families are on housing benefit, because the landlords are suffering. We need to demand change in the present legistlation because it is not working and it is unfair. My tenants are sitting pretty in my big house, which they could not afford from the start and I am suffering. What are my options on this unbelievable tenants??? Any advise please?
10/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband