Negligence From Letting Agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Negligence From Letting Agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mark N
6 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a property that the same letting agent has been looking after
since approx june 08, 1st tenant thay got me left owing 2 months rent.

Letting agent called me in july 09 to say the windows have been broken over a weekend while tenant still in property, took letting agent over 4 weeks to get glass replaced due to the high quote 1st quote.

Aug 09 tenant leaves with no notice period, broken glass replaced and I agreed to pay to board up all windows at the same time, turns out 5 windows are broken, I have police crime numbers to confirm.

New letting agent went into property yesterday, only 2 windows boarded up another 2 windows now broken, property still has personnel
belongs of pervious tenant in it, ie sofa, chest of draws, clothes.
walls have been painted different colours, dirty unwashed plates on floor, rubbish inside and out of property, broken glass inside property from when glass was replaced in august.

The property was surpost to be checked over and all ok,
in its currently state of repair with the broken glass on the
floor, it would be dangerious to show and interested tenants around,
it's no wonder no one has viewed the property in the last 2 months.

I ahve spoken to letting agent last night and this morning insisting that the property is shuttered up today, also emailed them saying
I will hold them responsible for any future damage or thetf.

I beleave this shows negligence on the side of the current letting agent, can you please advise best course of action.

Regards Mark Norris.

16/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband