renewal fee for letting agents

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents renewal fee for letting agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Dave

Further to our conversation about the letting agent wanting a 10% renewal fee when the tenants stay on past the initial 12 month period - which is up at the end of the this year - despite me already dispensing with their services as managing agents for the property in September as I was unhappy with their poor service.

I have unfortunately signed a fees agreement which mentions the 10% renewal fee but dont wish to now pay this as I feel it is completely unjustified and unearnt. they however have written to me disputing my reasons for sacking them and insisting on the renewal fee still being paid (and its a lot - the best part of 2000!!)

When I sacked the letting agents in September I took out a new tenancy agreement with the tenants commencing from October.

I would be grateful if you could write back to me explaining the advice you were giving me on the phone.

Kind Regards

Sarah

16/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband