Tenants not meeting criteria specified to agency

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Tenants not meeting criteria specified to agency
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Ms Burney
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I've just used a new agency for the first time. They found a Tenant within a week of advertising the property. I specifically asked for employed people only and no pets.

I have been to see the tenants today for the first time since they moved in and found that one isn't working and will be claiming housing benefit and that they have a dog in the property. Also 2 adult children who are not listed on the tenancy agreement.

I did ask the agency for detailed information about the tenants ie names and employment history but they didn't pass this on. We where expecting a working couple with no children and no pets.

It all moved very quickly and the tenants where in the property within about 2 weeks of the agency taking on the property under a tenant find only service.

Does anyone have any advice, apart from not using the agency again!

They should have carried out credit checks, am I in my legal right to get copies of the application form to see what information was povided by the tenants and a copy of the credit checks?

01/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband