Poor references

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Poor references
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Letting agents engaged on a tenant find service only placed two tenants in one of my properties. Rent was constantly in arrears from the first rent date. On service of a section 21 notice, one of the tenants vacated immediatly, the other tenant however remained. Following the issuing of a possesion order and at the acting solicitors request, I obtained copies of tenant referencing details from the letting agent. The references for the tenant who had left the property were fine but for the remaining tenant no previous landlord reference had been obtained, the employment history showed a succesion of low paid, unskilled jobs and the credit check showed an unsatisfied CCJ. The remaining tenant has now admitted that she will not vacate the property until evicted in order to obtain housing assistance from the local council.

In the light of what I consider to be negligence, do I have any redress against the letting agent for damages and costs over and above those covered by the deposit? Can you also advise how long it might typically take for eviction following the issuing of the possesion order.

26/05/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband