terminating an agreement

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents terminating an agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
EM
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been with my letting agents for 9 years and for the last few years have looked after the maintenance of my property. I have become more and more dissatisfied with the agents and would like to terminate my dealings with them. As my tenant's 6 month contract comes to an end on 18 January 2012 it would appear to be a sensible time to do this.
My tenants want to continue to rent the house and I would like to deal direct with them.

To the best of my knowledge I have not signed any contract with the letting agents and their terms and conditions don't contain a termination clause. The Period of Management appointment is described in the terms and conditions as:

'Unless otherwise agreed in writing, our appointment as Managing Agents will last for a minimum period of 6 months of the new tenancy. If you do not need to reoccupy your property and the tenant chooses to stay on, we will retain our position as managing agents for a further minimum period of six months or until such time as the tenant decides to leave, whichever is the sooner.'
This is a direct quote from the terms and conditions.

Under the circumstances am I within my rights to cancel any agreement I may have with the
managing agents?

29/12/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband