No rent received from Letting Agent gone out of business

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents No rent received from Letting Agent gone out of business
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I am desperate for your help please. May 2008 was the last time I received rent from Belvoir Letting Agent whom I employed under their Full Management Contract to manage my 2 bedroom house in Oldham, Manchester. I live on the south coast and bought that property because it was in a good capital growth area so I needed Belvoir to manage it for me. The married couple, Keith and Carol Egan, who managed that Oldham Belvoir office did not renew their franchise in the Summer of 2008 so Belvoir Head Office closed that Oldham office in Shaw, the small town which was where the actual Belvoir office was. Belvoir Head Office at The Old Court House, 60a London Road, Grantham, Lincs NG31 6HR wrote to me saying that Marc Lovering of their Belvoir Ashton office will "continue to provide me with a full professional and local service that is the hallmark of Belvoir., saying Marc "will just take over the tderms of your current agreement". As the letter gave all of Marc's details I rang Marc Lovering and he told me that Belvoir Shaw had passed him about 50 files but that my property at 10 Albert Street, Oldham was not one of them. Marc Lovering said he was in contact with Keith Egan and would ask him if the property is still occupied to get the monies transferred across. I waited and nothing happened and Marc had heard nothing back from Keith Egan. Marc Lovering told me to contact David Tomlinson who oversaw all the paperwork covering the issuing and closing of francheses for the Belvoir offices at the Belvoir Head Office in Grantham, Lincs so I did. Mr Tomlinson told me he would send my details to Keith and Carol Egan. That was on 04 December 2008 and I have heard nothing since. I don't know what to do now. I don't know if my property is tenanted or empty. Can you please advise me what to do?
20/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband