Stop using agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Stop using agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
thash
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I want to stop using my letting agent for 1 of 2 properties they manage for me, Tenants are on a statutory periodic
tenancy, what happens to

1. The deposit they hold for the existing tenant of 550.00 held with The Dispute Service Ltd?

2. I want to increase the rent after we have stopped using the agent, current rent 450.00, we would like to increase to 475.00, tenants have been in property since 18/10/08 and the rent has not been increased in this time. Having tested the new rent with the agent they think it is a fair increase and have suggested we negociate the price with the tenant and then put them onto a new AST. My questions are, A. if the tenant does not accept the proposed new price and we can't come to an agreement is the only option to give 2 months notice (don't realy want to do as they are very good tenants) or can Rent Assesment get involved? Agent said they only get involved in regulated tenancies. B. If rent increase agreed is issuing a new AST to only option?

Thanks

14/08/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband