Tennant with no tennancy agreement

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Tennant with no tennancy agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a property which I have been renting through a letting agent. They find my tennants and then collect the rent each month for me. If there are any other problems then I sort them out. They charge me a monthly collection fee and then an annual fee of 5% on renewal. However since the deposit scheme has come in on this property they advised me to do some sort of roll over whereby a new agreement is not signed although they do still take their 5%. Until yesterday I believed that my female tennant had been in my flat for about 3 years.

Yesterday there was a problem advised to me by the management company and I visited the flat to find that it is now occupied by a male who was at one time the boyfriend of the tennant but they have since seperated and he has stayed in the flat alone. He pays the monthly rental and I did not want to bring it to his attention that we had no agreement but did suggest that I draw up a new agreement and we both sign which he seemed ok about.

How do I stand regarding the letting agents who have been taking my money for renewal when the tennant they introduced no longer was living there and also putting me in a position where I have a tennant with no agreement in place. Can I reclaim any of my money (I have other flats they also collect rent for although I have been in contact with them in the past 6 months) more importantly can I stop them acting for me with no notice or have they done nothing wrong?

Please advise me, I am happy to collect my own rent but am worried about the deposit scheme and also inventory although their one is shocking. I will try to get on a training course.

Please help me asap. Carol

22/04/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions