Letting agents right to cancell agreement

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting agents right to cancell agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
In January this year I signed a contract with an agent to let and manage a student house ( 5Beds) . They let it almost immediatly with occupation to start in September 2010

The rent received includes utilities, we were advised to allow 8-10 per week per student. Agent said they monitored this use, had fair usage policy and never had probblems

Last week we got confirmation that based on their usage limits the result is an amount of 27 per student per week. Result no profit for me.

When I pointed out that they had led me to believe a figure of 10 per week ( which is the generally accepted standard) and the contract is so much higher it was a surprise as they had not realised the cost of the fair usage policy, the owner was to phone me back to discuss. After 1 week and no contact I wrote and offered 3 alteranatives and asked them if they had any ideas . The result was:

Agent cancelled contract ( because I accused them of lying)
Problem is I have missed the market and can not let

Do I have a claim against agent for cancellation of contract and / or not dealing with matters in 'business like manner' by fair usage 3 times generally accepted standard

22/07/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband