Rogue Estate Agent lent tenant deposit.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Rogue Estate Agent lent tenant deposit.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
sparkey
23 Posts
0 Thanks
Im fuming.

Tenant signed contract on 4th Nov. It took me two weeks and over 30 phone calls to get the deposit from the agent. However that was not the end it.

Estate Agent told me they had deposit and first months rent paid for by the tenant. Told tenant, they could get a 5 bedroom under LHA.

Tenant is actually entitled to only a four bedroom house, so cant pay the rent for month two. Have found out from tenant that estate agent lent them four hundred pounds for the deposit, and they have been paying back 50 per week to the Estate Agent.

Ive told the tenant not to pay the estate agent as I beleive they have acted unprofessionally and are effectivly acting as a loan shark as they wont have a consumer credit licence.

Ive also told the tenant to go back to the agent as I obviously want the full rent.

Any advice?

29/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband