Letting Agent / Landlord information - emergency contact numbers

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting Agent / Landlord information - emergency contact numbers
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Forum,
I need some advice please. As a landlord we supply all our tenants with 24 hr contact number to be able to contact us. We use local trades people to supply services when / if required.

My daughter has recently moved in to and rented a newish flat about 20mths old. She has been there about 4 weeks.
last weekend she returned home to find water allover the spare room floor. Sunday evening.
We advised to turn off the mains water and turn off the water heater.
The water stopped leaking. The carpet was / is sodden. Carpets belong to the landlord.

There are no emergency contact numbers provided by the letting agent and their contact number is only "office hours". My daughter left a message on the answer machine.

Monday morning a plumber came out and fixed the leak from the water heater (electric) - apparently there was a seal missing from the water heater probably from new.
The letting agent asked that she dry the carpets with towels!
It really needs a "VAX" to lift the liquid, the complete room is wet!
I wish we were close enough to be able to help. Should the letting agent undertake this work?

Is there a requirement for letting agents to provide "out of hours" contact numbers for emergencies?

22/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband