RENT DIVERTED TO LETTING AGENTS ACCOUNT.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents RENT DIVERTED TO LETTING AGENTS ACCOUNT.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Amazing Grace
1 Posts
0 Thanks
The Director of the letting agency managing one of our property, asked the tenant to pay a month's rent into his account. The tenant copied the e-mail to me. Even though I contacted both tenant and agent to stop this, the money had already been paid. This was the January rent. Inspite of several phone calls and e-mails, the rent is still not paid into my account. The Agent on three occasions claimed to have made a BACS transfer but no funds were paid. He then paid in a cheque which he cancelled before the cheque cleared.

I have already paid a full years management fee up front. The tenancy started in November.

What is the best way to get my rent and management fees back and stop the agent from managing my property? Should I speak first to the Housing Ombudsman or go straight to court?

05/03/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband