Letting Agent - code of practice

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting Agent - code of practice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Nav1
7 Posts
0 Thanks
My letting agent is bullying me on the management contract that I signed with them to manage my property.
They have not managed in appropriate manner.....first set of tenants left my property after 5 months making a total mess and stealing furniture which was bought by the agent using rental income without my approval
The agent has let them go without deducting any money from deposit for stealing furniture/cleaning the property, no exit inspection or inventory done by agent.
Now the agent has let property to another tenants again without my approval and promissed them with new furniture/cleaning of property.
I have refused to sign tenancy agreement but AGENT insist I have management agreement signed so they have the power to act as landlords. I disagree as they have not followed any terms of agreement but are forcing me to comply with my obligations.
THE AGENT IS NOT MEMBER OF REDRESS SCHEME CAME INTO FORCE 1-OCT-2008 OR OMBUNDSMAN, WHO ELSE CAN I COMPLAINT APART FROM TRADING STANDARDS ABOUT THEIR BULLYING.
NB: I have not given any powers apart from initial signing tenancy agreement and management service(rent collection, welbeing of property, frequent visits to property etc)
25/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband