End of Contract

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents End of Contract
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I have had the same tenants in my house for the last 3 years. I am now seeking to let the house independently and therefore have joined the RLA. The current contract expires on 31 July this year and I am wanting to offer a new contract. However, the letting agent is demanding a tenant finding fee of 700 + VAT, even though this has already been paid for having used a fully managed service over the last 3 years. Do I have to pay this fee. I have looked through the contract and it only states that a fee is due if they are involved in negotiations or if I terminate the contract. I have agreed this contract independently and I am not terminating the contract, just not renewing one. Does this fee still apply? I can send a copy of the agreement if neccessary. The lettings agency is Bridfords ( formally countrywide) so I would assume that legally they have closed any loopholes but it still doesn't seem right having used their services for the last 5 years.

21/05/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions