Data Protection??

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Data Protection??
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teah
25 Posts
0 Thanks
I am presently going through repossession of my property, now over 2 years. Re possession Court Notice had been proposed for 11th July, but this difficult tenant refuses to move, so we are now waiting for the Baliffs to step in. The family are in rental arrears of over

My question is, I have asked the Letting Agent for me to view the result of their search on the family, because I am not convinced that this manipulating , lieing family was clear until they moved into my house. They were on housing benefit, but because his wife moved out to a Refuge,the council have refused to pay any rent, infact they have adviced him to stay. They last paid me in March 2011 and the family last paid in Jan 2010, which accounts for the large rental arrears.

When I asked the Letting Agent to have a copy of this search, they refused, because of Data protection??? But I paid them for this search, otherwise they would not have had access to this information. Please advice.
Am I not entitled to this information? Someone has to be held responsible and I certainly don't think that it should be me!!!
Please advice. Thank you.

03/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions