rent in arrears, tenant partially moved out and uncontactable

You are here : Member Forums Access rent in arrears, tenant partially moved out and uncontactable
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
DJ_630
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Two months ago my tenant informed me he was changing jobs and would be moving and thanked me for being 'such a good landlord'! I explained to him that he had lease obligations as he was only 5 months into a 12 month lease. I told him it was his responsibility to find a new tenant and one satisfactory to me. He has since partially moved out leaving behind a brand new bed and a sofa. He still has the front door key. He has cancelled the direct debit and is presently 3 weeks in arrears. I have left messages for him on his mobile which he has not returned and yesterday telephoned the school where he was 'previously teaching' (hoping to obtain his new school telephone number). To my surprise he was still working there and had not changed jobs after all! I left an 'urgent' message for him to phone me but have heard nothing. Is there anything I should be doing between now and serving him with a Section 8 after another 5 weeks has elapsed?
07/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband