Do I sue my letting agent or attach him to the court case and if so how do i do it?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Do I sue my letting agent or attach him to the court case and if so how do i do it?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RAINBOW
18 Posts
0 Thanks
I had a lot of damage done to my new flat rented by a tenant. the agent was very unhelpful and negligent. he was only interested in getting the rent as he got the commission. The tenant is suing me for the deposit. The damage done comes to more than the deposit. anyway the deposit is with the agent. thisw was before the new law for deposit protection.

The tenant has made a claim in small claims court. I have made a counter claim. The agent is not giving the balance of the deposit despite his promises. As this is very complicated is it better to go to a solicitor or just try the procedure RL recommends by going into "How to sue your letting agent?" Please send me the actual website. I just wondered whether I will have to go to a solicitor after paying about 75.00 for this wbsite as well. If I am to attach the agent to the case how do I do it?

Please help!

N Wilson

22/08/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband