Transcription error in transferring rental funds

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Transcription error in transferring rental funds
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
anne pugh
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I elected to have full management service with a local letting agent. The first payment was received from them by cheque while my bank details were submitted to them for processing.

I received the statement from the company stating that the money was being transferred by BACS to my account. (The details given on the statement were correct.)

However it transpired that the funds did not reach my account. I was told that the company had tried to contact me by phone (but I had no record of a missed call, letter or an e-mail to my personal account).
It turned out they said that their bank had made a transcription error of the account details so caused the funds to be 'bounced back'.
During this time I had to pay my bank for a letter and my mortgage company for a letter as they did not receive the funds. Who is responsible for these costs?

Thank you

22/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband