Bond

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Bond
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Duff
14 Posts
2 Thanks
The letting agents I run I purchased from the existing owners in 2010.
I found out that they had not put a tenants bond money into the DPS, at the time they had a lot of staff and somehow it was overlooked.
I approached the previous owners as the tenant was leaving and they paid the bond money to them. However the Client landlord wanted to claim for a carpet in the living room and the tenants said no, as they were evicted for having a deaf blind cat and not getting rid of it and to be fair the house was full of damp and mould. This was almost a year ago. I told the Landlady that it was being looked into but she has now come back saying, she wants details of the scheme the bond was in, whether the tenants have had their money and why she has not had hers (350) for the carpet and she has not given permission for them to have their bond released.

I am not sure what to do here, can you advise on the legalities of the matter in order to help me. I am afraid as I purchased the company and all goodwill transferred to me I might be held responsible. Should I pay them this money?? I am not sure I can now find the previous owners, who I understand have little money hence the original sale to me. If it went to the bond scheme arbitration to be fair the carpet was fair wear and tear as the tenants were in for almost 2 years.

30/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband