Westbrookes Letting Agents, Nottingham
I need some advice please. I have a property in Nottingham that has been let to a LHA recipient. It turns out after 4 months, I have found out that she is only entitled to £68 per week LHA but the rent equates to £110 per week. The agents in question have failed to check that she is not entitled to full rent payment of £110 per week amongst many other things that are too many to list here now.
The property has been removed from Westbrookes and placed with a new one who are attempting to sort the problems out, something which should never have happened in the first place.
What I would like to know is:
1. Have I cause for legal action against Westbrookes for any losses?
2. How can I find out if I will receive all the back rent monies from LHA?
3. If not, how do I get the tenant to pay?
4. Can their deposit be used to offset their rent debt?
5. Westbrookes are being extremely uncooperative in dealing with this problem, how do I get them to disclose full information regarding where the tenants deposit is?
6. The 6 month contract ends March 7th. What paperwork do I need to serve the tenant with to gain possession of the property?
Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.
I can be contacted on 07803 558146.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.