Council advise to stay until evicted?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Council advise to stay until evicted?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
Wendy S
4 Posts
0 Thanks
We issued a section 21 for the 25th March at which point the tenant refused to leave. Since beginning the eviction process, we have been told by the tenant that he has been advised by the council to stay until completion of eviction - the bailiff at the door before moving out. This would be a possible way of him qualifying for a council flat - although not guaranteed. I am already aware that he will not get a council flat as I was asked for a reference and told council in no uncertain terms, that he is a problem tenant. Now the bailiff is not available until end of september and DSS have not paid rent since April, of which after chasing for some weeks, we were finally notified by letter only yesterday. We feel cheated by the council and the tenant and completely helpless while we wait for the slow cogs of the court to turn over. I can clearly see why there are so many advertisements saying 'No DSS.' The council are cheating landlords and adding to the problem of DSS folk not getting tenancies.

Has anyone else experienced this or can give advise as to how to 'tick-off' the council, speed up the bailiff and get the rent arrears and property damage costs back. For our first experience as landlords, it is not a pleasant one.

28/08/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband