Wanted criminal is new tenant

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Wanted criminal is new tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
LearnerLou
13 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi.
My tenant moved into my apartment on 5/12. Yesterday I was called by the CDI to open the front door or the 10 officers at the property would knock it down. Turns out the tenant is wanted by them for serious offences (fraud I think but they couldn't tell me much).
The tenant moved in on a 6 month AST (the one supplied by this site). Could you please advise under what circumstances I could end the tenancy earlier?
He is due to pay rent on 5/1 - not sure that he will. There was talk amongst the officers of trying to prevent him leaving the country, and if they catch him I guess his accounts will be frozen as I think he has come by his money fraudulently. They removed several valuable prints from the apartment as "police evidence".

I'd appreciate any advice on how to mitigate any losses here, and how to ensure this doesn't drag on into a long and costly affair.

many thanks,

15/12/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions