Please help!

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
S Hollamby
10 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I have/ had a tennant who I served with a section 21 which expired on the 29th April 2011. He said to me he was not moving and he was advised by His solicitor that he should stay untill I get a date from the courts.

On Friday 13th May 2011 I recieved a letter from the Benefits office saying that the tenant in question has told them that he moved on the 16th April 2011, so they have stoped his benefits payment fromt hat date.
I have been working on the bottom flat (same block - I own the building) and have seen Mark (the tenant in questions) many times through out last week, However when I recieved the letter from the Benefits office I spoke to a local Police office and asked if I would be able to change the locks. They said that seeing as he has told people he has moved, then I would be ok to do so. I therefore on Saturday the 14th May 2011 changed the locks to the main building and the flat.
Mark come back to the flats and spoke with another tenant who then called me , I then arranged with Mark to meet me on 17th May 2011 to collect his belonging. I had to request the police attend , as Mark has been violent towards me previously and the reason for eveiction was the use/dealing and growing of drugs within the property.

Mark did not attend this appointment. I have no way of contacting him, he has changed his mobile number and I have no forwarding address for him.

My problem now is, What am I allowed to do with his property? Can I now dispose of it? From the quick look over I can not see anything of value. The flat is full of damp (throw growing the Plants - He admits this was his fault) , mould and is disgusting! I need to refurbish completely (incl new carpets and kitchen). I need to get on with this, But obviously I cant because of his things.
I also Have another tenant lined up who wants to move in ASAP.

Mark does also have rent arrears.

Many thanks.

Sarah Hollamby

18/05/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband