Noisy tenants

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I am a landlord of a flat and signed a 2010 RLA Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement with a young man and woman commencing 9 October 2010 for 12 months.
Since they have moved in I have had to attend the property several times owing to neighbours complaining of an alleged initial flat warming 'drunken and noisy' party followed by further incidents of loud music, late night noise from visitors to the flat on subsequent occassions. Neighbours have called the police on several occassions.
I have issued several verbal warnings and the tenants responded by promising to keep the noise down.
Following a visit to the flat on Friday 3rd December to deal with more complaints of noise I issued a further polite and courtious warning. I had to return to it today (6th Dec)in response to further complaints from the neighbours above, below and to the side of the flat relating to noise. (Breach of clause C2)
Please advise:
(1) What notice(s) should I issue to terminate the lease as soon as possible.
(2) What is the shortest time to terminate the lease

06/12/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions