My tenants have left the country!!!!

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 My tenants have left the country!!!!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
why did i bother?
20 Posts
1 Thanks
The tenancy on my property ended yesterday and when I went to collect the keys they were thrust at me and the tenant disappeared, refusing to leave any forwarding address.I have since found out from neighbours that he was leaving for Ghana last night.

The property is in a state and needs thorough redecoration as wallpaper is missing in places, the carpet has been ironed and there is mould up the walls. I'll be phoning the insurance company next!!

Upon informing the utility companies I have found they have all been chasing the tenant and the accounts have not been paid.

Being a newbie to the landlord business I was just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice on what happens to unpaid bills. All of the utility companies have told me they will chase the tenant but I assume eventually the bills will end up on my mat??

Any advice gratefully recieved, thank you.

29/12/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions