Tenant who has kept keys

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant who has kept keys
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Sandy Rose
30 Posts
1 Thanks
I have a tenant who moved in to my property in May 2010, she spent the first month & half housing benenfit that was paid direct to her. Housing benefit was then paid to me. However, she made no attempt to pay the money that she had spent and also didn't pay the top up for her rent. She was issued a section 21 which was to expire on 10th december 2010. With out telling me she moved out on the weekend of November 20 2010 and has kept the keys. I have now misplaced my spare set of keys (typical). Her housing benefit has been cancelled from the weekend that she moved out so she is in arrears of about 1600.00. She is now living in another property , she cancelled housing benefit and is now claiming the benefit at the new address, I have texted her to ask for keys back as I have a new tenant to go in there. Her reply is that I can have the keys back when she gets the rest of her stuff out, on asking her when that will be she informed me some time the week after next !!!. Where do I legally stand on entering my property and what do I do with her stuff and can i do anything about getting any of my arrears. Where do i go from here ?
28/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband