25K damage to property, 6.5K rent arrears - what are my options?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 25K damage to property, 6.5K rent arrears - what are my options?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
benz2303
12 Posts
0 Thanks
My last tenant stopped paying rent and refused me access since Oct 07.
Having been through the court process, she was evicted on 21st July only for me to find the property in an unbelievable state. The house has since had to be gutted, new kitchen, applicances, carpet throughout etc

It is now apparent she funded the rent previously via credit agents who I am now battling with and I can now see from her references the agency obtained that she blatently could not afford the property.

The agency were just on a finders fee basis. I have put in a warrant with the court baliff for collection of the rent arrears but a) they dont seem to be doing much, and b) she doesnt have anything anyway.

This was my first let and was in fact my old home. I have struggled throughout to get any advice and unfortunately only recently joined this site.

Is there anything else I can do to try and get any money back?

26/09/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband