25k damage to house just to restore to rentable

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 25k damage to house just to restore to rentable
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
benz2303
12 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
A problem tenant was evicted owing eventually 6.5k rent arrears which I have issued a warrant for, however a) the baliffs do not seem to be doing much - letters / no-one answers door! b) I dont believe she has anything. I have 10/15 baliffs notices for her as she has obviously been paying the rent, when she did, via credit agencies. I am now trying to sue the agent as her references clearly show she could not afford the property.
Additionally this tenant has left the property in a vile state such that all carpets and flooring has had to be replaced, new kitchen and appliances, furniture wrecked, some structural damage etc and has cost 25k to repair, and this is not back to the standard it was let.

This was my first let and in fact was my old home. I have struggled for a year now through this all, desperately trying to get any advice being a novice but have come up with dead ends.
Can you advise what my options in recouping anything, if any, are?

26/09/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband