Problem tenants

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Problem tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sandy Rose
30 Posts
1 Thanks
I have 2 tenants sharing a 4th floor flat they are on seperate tenancy agreements and they have trashed the place, even smashing the windows !. There have been a number of complaints about them as you can imagine. The anti social team are involved and I believe the police may also be aware of them now. Housing benefit are paying the ones rent and the other one has had his claim suspended but housing won't tell me why because I am not the tenant. They did pay this tenant an amount of around 600.00 which he has spent, so he is in arrears big time. The first tenant started his tenancy on 1/1/11 this is the one that has spent his rent from housing. The other tenant moved in on the 18/12/10. I have the following questions that I would appreciate your help/advice/guidance on please.

1. Tenant 1 (start of tenancy 1/1/11)
Am I correct in saying that I issue him with a Section 21(b)as long as it is done before the 1st of June,an would his set date to move out be the 31st July 2011

2. Tennant 2 (start of tenancy 18/12/10)
Am I correct in saying that I issue him with a Section 21(a) and as long as I issue this one before the 17th May 2011, would his moving out date be 17th July 2011.

3. Is there any other / quicker way of getting them out other than a Section 21 ?.

Thanking you in advance for your time and advice. Tina

15/05/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband