Failure to vacate

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Failure to vacate
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear RLA,

I received the below email this morning from my so called 'property management company' Platinum Estate Agents. He does not believe my current tenant will move by the agreed eviction date. I do not know how to proceed as I expected her to be out by 14th Feb as agreed in the S21 served to her 2 months ago. I only had the first indication that she was not moving yesterday. That has given me no time to consider alternative arrangements.

My mother is due to move back into the property on the 15th Feb and we have hired movers and cleaners etc. I am also flying back from the US on Sunday to oversee her check out. I am only back for a week so I need her to have vacated by the agreed date.

Pls help. This is a matter of urgency as she needs to move in 5 days.

Thanks hugely
Lesley Fernandez

Subject: RE: MM replacement boxes
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:00:18 +0000
To: lesleyfernandez@hotmail.co.uk

If Ms Maynard does not move out on the required date you will have to take the appropriate action as required by law. Ms Maynard has a family and any undue pressure by Landlord is frowned on by the authorities ( & can breach criminal LAW) and i advise you to follow the letter of the law. You will need to speak to a solicitors regarding such matters.

We will monitor the situation and if Ms Maynard does not move out on time we will attempt to collect any rents due from her and pass these on to you as soon as we receive them.

02/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband