Damage to property

You are here : Member Forums Access Damage to property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
sm
6 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant left 2 weeks prior to even informing me that she was going to be vacating! She was part of the old housing scheme where i was recieving the rent direct from housing benefit but she had already spoken to them and cancelled the payment leaving me 14 days short of rent (125).
Upon viewing the property i realised that there was substantial damage.I decided to rectify all damaged areas asap,unfortunatly without taking any photographic evidence. As far as i was concerned he sooner the property was in good order the sooner i could re-let. It has cost me roughly 1300 (which i have all reciepts for) to make good plus the 125 rent arrears,total of 1425.Also my ex moved her in without taking a bond or a months upfront (aahhh)
I have since been told where she is living,would it be worth me claiming for the damage? What would be the best course of action? How long will it all take and how much will it cost me?

Any help anyone???

15/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband