How to claim rent and damages after the tenant has moved out and how to claim off the guarantor

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How to claim rent and damages after the tenant has moved out and how to claim off the guarantor
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
David.
137 Posts
2 Thanks
I have a tenant who just called me to say she has left the property. She still has a month left on her contract and has not paid that rent. She was on housing benefit and also did not hand over the last payment she received. She has also left the house in a right state with a lot of damage and repairs that need doing at a cost that will be far more than the amount of the deposit.

when she moved in I got her mother to act as guarantor and she completed one of the RLA guarantor agreements.

I want to know if there is anyway I can get the money owed to me and money for the damages and also how I would go about getting the money of the guarantor and what I can claim for.

If they tell me to get lost is there any legal way to get the money of them or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for your help,

David.

06/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions