what to do next?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 what to do next?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
tired of renting
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Having fallen for a sob story I let a flat without taking a deposit, having checked with previous landlord. First cheque bounced and then second for not quite a months rent went through ok.
No rent then for next two rent days. Notice given yesterday and today a cheque for 80 short of the months rent left outside flat door, made out to wrong initial but correct name from an unknown source.
This means that tenant now owes a month and a half rent.
What do I do now?
He told me he worked for a local firm and had obtained reference which was in the post (silly me) and I now find he doesn't work for the firm.
He wont answer phone or door bell but did try to tap window cleaner for 5 the other day.
Having fitted new carpet and done a quick touch up decorating job so he could move in as he was desperate I feel very foolish but annoyed to have been taken in. But more serious is that he is in the flat and I want him out. What happens next? Help please.

09/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions