Garage Let

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
1 Thanks
I let a garage of a flat I own to a then neighbour in a property several doors away following an advert, the agreement was a memorandum of agreement, the garage has remained let since June 2000.
About 3 months ago I noticed that the bank standing order had an additional name entered on it I tried to contact the tenant as I felt a I needed to know what had happened and secondly I required possesion of the garage.
I attended the address of the tenant only to be told the tenant did not reside and had no forwarding address.
Since that time I have tried to contact the tenant via my bank who due to data protection would not provide me with the details but undertook to write to the account holder asking them to contact me, to date they have failed to contact me.
The agreement allows for 28 days notice I propose to pin this on the garage and if there is no contact enter the garage after the 28 days and cancel acceptance of their standing order
My question is am I legally entitled to do this and what do I do with any property found in the garage?

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
10/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband