Abandoned Property? How To Proceed?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Abandoned Property? How To Proceed?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
W1nstaan
22 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been informed by local council that my tenants benfit has been suspended. I have tried to contact her by visiting property and via mobile and text but to no avail. I could see thru letter box masses of unopened mail behind the door. Being concerned I arranged for a friend to visit with me and we entered the propety. All furniture and possesions were still there but the house was a mess and stunk due to dog mess on carpets. Looking at postmarks on unopened mail, I guess no one had been there for about 1 month. I also found eletricity bills in two names other than my tenant! I took photos, changed the locks and then text her again to say what I had done and she should contact me if she wants access. I have heard nothing in 24 hours.

I served a Section 8 on this tenent in Jan 09.

I have absolutely no idea how to proceed so any help would be greatly appreciated.

20/05/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions