Abandoned property

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Abandoned property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I was introduced to a tenant by Stevenage Council as homeless and on housing benefit. The application for renting I gave was not filled correctly, no bank details and no addresses for referees. The council employee from Housing Advice said that it is not necessary as " we are paying the rent" . A Shorthold Tenancy Agreement was signed on 20th Sept 2011 and tenant moved in. When first month was due and not paid, I contacted the Council who said that housing benefit was paid to tenant. The Benefit Service was asked by my wife on 14th Oct to pay direct but refused. I made a complaint to the Council and it appeared that the person involved did not inform the benefit service until the 28th-Oct when another 8 wks rent was paid to tenant. The tenant took the money and went to Portugal, he said he will pay but did not pay any money at all. There is no evidence that he ever lived in the flat. He is now out of contact ,unknown place of abode and his stuff is in the flat .
How do I get back my property and can you recommend an experienced solicitor. I have 1000.00 in deposit with the Council which I have not yet claimed.
Mina Abou-Shaqra
17/12/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page