chasing the last month of tenancy rent

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 chasing the last month of tenancy rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant,who over the last few months was paying rent later and later until recently paid 14 days late(rent due on 5th but paid on 19th) and this was only when i rang to see what was up.
She then said she was moving but has not given any written notice and her tenancy does not end until 5-12-10.
I have told her in writing she must pay last month of rent until the 5 dec (even if she leaves ) and I will return her bond subject to property inspection on 4 dec.
she's now left and said to keep bond and she will pay the difference (but hasn't)and has left stuff and rubbish at the house.
I cannot get hold of her now as phone is dead and she still has set of keys.
Am I entitled to change the locks to stop her returning to property, because now there is no bond on property and she is still owing difference between bond and rent which I think is not going to be forthcoming.
Do you think court action is worthwhile if I can find her new address?

Thanks

10/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions