Ref 'Gave S21(1)B Notice, wish to evict, tenant not in arrears'

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Ref 'Gave S21(1)B Notice, wish to evict, tenant not in arrears'
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Millet
101 Posts
6 Thanks
Hi, I posted a query yesterday entitled 'Gave S21(1)B Notice, wish to evict, tenant not in arrears' . I've not yet received a reply but have gathered together the info and docs I may be required to produce. When I did so, I noticed a small but obvious error in the S21(1)b that I issued the tenant. Unfortunately there is a typo, the date on the S21(1)b is 16th September 2012 with notice expiry date of 17th March 2012. It is obvious that this is a typo and the signatory date was actually 6 months prior to expiry date and not 6 months after, but knowing that the legal profession are such sticklers for small details, I am worried that this may actually mean that the Notice is invalidated and will need to be re submitted. Can you tell me whether this is the case or whether a Court would use "common sense" and determine that this was actually a typo. Thanks
17/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband